Apple Cherry Chocolate Chip scones
Contributed by Kristen H.
Gather around a warm plate of Apple Cherry Chocolate Chip scones as the weather starts to cool down!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard Apple Cherry Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray and line a baking sheet.
- Mix the sugar, butter, sour cream, apple cherry juice, vanilla extract, and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, and the dried cherries, mix well.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round.
- Cut into 8 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 20- 25 minutes until golden brown