Gooey Grapefruit Butter Bars
Contributed by Shavey
This easy, one-pan summer dessert is a cinch to make and a real crowd-pleaser. Made with Old Orchard Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice Cocktail, these buttery bars are bursting with summer flavor!
- 2/3 Cup Old Orchard Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice Cocktail
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks salted butter, melted, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 eight ounce bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line with a large sheet of parchment than hangs over the sides of the pan.
- To make the crust, stir together the cake mix, one stick of the melted butter, and one egg.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 1 minute.
- Pour in the grapefruit juice, add the two remaining eggs, and stream in the remaining stick of melted butter.
- Keep the mixer on medium low and gradually add the confectioners' sugar 1/2 Cup at a time.
- When the filling is fully combined, pour it over the crust and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes. It will be very bubbly and will appear soft and gooey. This is the perfect texture!
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for one hour.
- Lift the bars out of the pan by the parchment paper.
- Cut dessert into 12 squares. Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh basil of desired.