Lemonade Cream Puffs
Contributed by lilac8265
A delicate dessert with a flavorful twist - Lemonade Cream Puffs!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard Country Style Lemonade
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper or silicon baking mats and put aside.
- Heat the butter, water and salt in a pan on the stove top until the butter has melted. Add the lemon extract.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Stir in the flour mix until the mixture is smooth and does not stick to the sides of the pot, and forms a ball. Remove from the heat.
- Allow mixture to cool for about five minutes then add the eggs one at a time using a mixer. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 15 minutes, or until golden.
- After the puffs are cooled, slice lengthwise.
- Blend together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream, milk, and lemonade in a large bowl. Mix until thickened.
- Spoon the filling by tablespoon full or with a pastry bag onto the bottom of the cream puff, then place the top of the cream puff back on. Garnish with powdered sugar.