Lime Ginger Meatballs
Contributed by Souffle
The perfect combination of lime, ginger, spicy and sweet come together in these Lime Ginger Meatballs!
- 1 pound ground beef (I prefer Grass fed)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Old Orchard Limeade Frozen Concentrate
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed or a flavor-less oil
Lime Ginger sauce
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard Limeade Frozen Concentrate
- 6 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger Lime slices for squeezing, optional
- Mix first eight ingredients together and form into about 30 - 32 meatballs.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil to a large skillet.
- Heat skillet to medium to medium low and brown meatballs for 10 minutes turning often to brown all sides.
- Remove from pan.
- To the same skillet (medium heat) add 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped shallots and sauté stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and let it simmer for 2 minutes and add remaining ingredients, except lime slices and allow simmering for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the meatballs and when they are warmed through served over mashed potatoes, squash or Zoodles.
- A squeeze of lime on this dish makes the whole thing pop!
So many uses for these first class Concentrates.