Roasted Root Veggies
Contributed by DebiStark74
Roasted vegetables are good, but add a splash of apple juice - Yum!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 pounds turnips
- 1 1/4 pounds parsnip
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds rutabagas
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil apple juice and wine in a large saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Whisk in butter or margarine.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Peel and cut vegetables into l/2 inch pieces. Divide between 2 roasting pans. Pour apple juice mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.