Salad in a Jar
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Registered Dietitian, Amy Bragagnini, shares a simple idea to help you pack a healthy lunch each day: make-ahead salad in a jar. Plus, make your own healthy salad dressing using Old Orchard juice!
- Mixed Greens
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Red Onion, sliced
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Quinoa, prepared
- Salad Dressing
- Jar with a lid
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard 100% apple juice
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. of honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a food processor until well combined.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of dressing in the bottom of the jar.
- Layer mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and quinoa over top.
- Add mixed greens to fill the jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat; then simply shake the jar and pour contents onto a plate or bowl.
Watch our How-to Video: