Slow Cooker Applesauce
Contributed by Tonia T. (Rockford, MI)
This is a great, easy recipe for those who don’t have time to stand at the stove constantly stirring and don’t want the “added” sugar. The juice concentrate adds enough extra sweetness without using sugar.
- Wash apples and remove cores.
- Cut into ½” chunks and place in crock pot (skin can be removed if desired).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on Low for about 4 hours or High for about 2 hours until apples and skins are soft making sure to stir every 20 to 40 minutes to prevent burning.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and then blend with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender until desired consistency. Enjoy!